The Walkera V120D02S V2 is a 6 Axis Helicopter with an out-runner brush-less motor and shaft driven tail. It has the RX-2636H-D which has telemetry of temperature and voltage. You can upgrade the receiver online.
( see here more gadgets http://www.panduboys.com/category/tech/gedgets/ )
Walkera V120D02S V2 Specification:
- Main Rotor Diameter: 308 mm
- Tail Rotor Diameter: 85 mm
- Overall Length: 290 mm
- Weight: 100g
- Gyro: 6-axis
- Battery: 3.7V 600mAh Li-Po
- ESC: WK-WST-20A-L
- Brushless Motor: WK-WS-15-001
- Receiver: RX-2636H-D
- Sharp looking, fast, responsive, super stable, smooth flying, tail holds well, and flips and inverts well. I am using 65% H/L pitch travel adjustment on my Devo 10 and the motor is not bogging.
- Brushless motor with good power and climb out IMO. The XP-12A-2 (V2) High Speed ESC gave the motor more power and higher RPM.
- Receiver can be firmware updated by the user with the UP02 upgrade cable and adapter and software.
- Telemetry of Temperature and voltage
- The canopy and landing skids broke very easy on a mild crash in grass even with hitting throttle hold before I crashed it.
- Battery time using the telemetry is terrible. Less than half the flight time using telemetry. See my telemetry note below.
- My ESC burned out after only two battery packs.
Setup Guide for Walkera V120D02S V2:
See my Transmitter Setup Guides for transmitter setup. The setup guides have all of the transmitter settings needed to make a model completely from scratch.
The Tx Setup Guides have different difficulty settings depending on which setup guide you choose. For Helicopters there are Standard Settings, Beginner Settings, 3D Settings. For Quads there are Standard Settings, Beginner Settings, 3D mode settings.
Each setup guide includes everything needed for setup including Model Type, Swash Type, Servo Reverse, Travel Adjustment, Gyro Gain, Throttle Curves, Throttle Hold, Pitch Curves, Pitch Curve/Throttle Hold, Subtrim, MIX, Switch Assignments, Dual Rate and Expo.
It Evolved, focused on Durability and Stability, the new Walkera V120D02S V2
Sometimes ago, Walkera has a huge success on the palm size 3D Helicopter – V120D02. it is full 100% scale down from the Big Helis. it features a 3-Axis Gyro, a Flybarless Rotor Head and a high speed rudder servo. it’s perform super well and able to perform 3D actions.
Now Walkera based on the players feedback and made some major changes to the new V120D02S V2, updated with a 6-Axis Gyro. new composite material with at least 300% tougher than the old model, like the new Canopy, Main Blades and landing skid, it’s almost crash proof now!.
For the main problem of the old model is the Tail Gears Set, now they are bigger and with thicker teeth, power is now transferred more directly and much more durable.
The all new 6-Axis Gyro and the newly designed Rotor Head, it’s now perform like a ordinary 450 class helicopter, this is amazing!.
It also upgraded to a 12000KV Our-Runner Brushless Motor, it’s light weight (8.8g only), powerful and responsive, it handles 3D action easily! Walkera’s goal is to make a Professional 3D helicopter for beginners to try, I think they did it, it’s Durable, it’s Stable… and you can learn any “Big Heli” theory on this palm size bird, go for it as your first CP Heli, you will not regret it. Helipal carries the latest V120D02S V2, with the new 6-Axis Gyro RX2636HV-D, and a Metal Tail Drive Shaft, which solve the tail cone gear slipping problem.
check official website for more details about Walkera V120D02S V2 http://walkera.com/